Sunday, August 14, 2005

Compassionate Conservatism 101

Sympathize with mothers whose sons died for your stupid little war, but don't let it be a drag on your life:

"But whether it be here or in Washington or anywhere else, there's somebody who has got something to say to the president, that's part of the job," Bush said on the ranch. "And I think it's important for me to be thoughtful and sensitive to those who have got something to say."
"But," he added, "I think it's also important for me to go on with my life, to keep a balanced life."


[...]

"I think the people want the president to be in a position to make good, crisp decisions and to stay healthy," he said when asked about bike riding while a grieving mom wanted to speak with him. "And part of my being is to be outside exercising."

Gee, what a compassionate guy, you can feel the symapthy he has for the grieving mother everytime he says, " Gee, sorry your kid got killed, now watch this drive...."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home