Monday, February 28, 2005

Putin's Question To Bush

Putin asks a questions the rest of America should be asking:

When Bush complained about restrictions on press freedom in Russia, Putin gave a response that surprised Bush and baffled the Americans. He said if the press was so free in the United States, why did reporters at CBS News get fired over a story that arose during the presidential campaign, officials said.

CBS News fired four employees in January after an independent report critical of CBS anchor Dan Rather found a "myopic zeal" led the network to disregard basic journalism principles when it aired a faulty story on Bush's military service record.


A senior U.S. official said other Russian officials raised the same issue during the day and noted a Russian journalist at the Bush-Putin news conference had asked about journalists fired in the United States. This led to suspicions that the question had been orchestrated by the Kremlin.

The view that Bush somehow had something to do with the CBS firings was "divorced from reality," the U.S. official said.

Sure, the Kremlin probably did orchestrate the question so that Bush would get asked in in the news conference. After all, Bush is used to having reporters working in concert with government agencies in our country, so why not over their also?

I am not surprised that other "less than democratic" countries start to point fingers at the blatant hypocrisy of our administration. How can the country that is busy spreading freedom be at the same time imprisoning its citizens without charging them, torturing prisoneers (some of which are innocent of any crimes against the US), and "disappering" people to other countries where they can be held indefinately (or killed) ?

24 Comments:

Blogger Tom Naka said...

Keep it up. I enjoy your nice blog. check out my health health man s
site. It pretty much covers health health man s
related stuff.

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Health blog. It pretty much covers Dieting Health Fitness Exercise related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time

3:58 PM  
Blogger WellFancyThat said...

Congratulations. You've made my visit worthwhile. I'll certainly want to keep tabs on where this blog goes next. My interests include forklift operator jobs and its a subject discussed in various articles that include forklift operator jobs. Have a look see.

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found a bunch of help here mesothelioma litigation

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome - Save $50 on a playstation 2...Whoopee!!

Misspelledauctions.com

This is a great site people!

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your msn news blog. You might enjoy this news discussion forum also. **News Discussion Forum**

11:39 PM  
Blogger editor said...

Superb Blog. Will comeback!!
Here a site on: MESOTHELIOMA Cancer: Mesothelioma Information, Mesothelioma Symptoms, Mesothelioma Settlements, Mesothelioma Legal Information. Mesothelioma Cure. Abestos

12:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you have a really good blog. I have one about mesothelioma . please visit it and if your interested we could swap links

8:57 PM  
Blogger mesothelioma said...

Great blog you have here. I'm just starting with the whole blogging thing and have created my first one about mesothelioma

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog you have here. I'm just starting with the whole blogging thing and have created my first one about mesothelioma law

8:59 PM  
Blogger Sport Index said...

I think you have a really good blog. I have one about . please visit it and if your interested we could swap links

4:15 AM  
Blogger Pet Index 2 said...

I think you have a really good blog. I have one about mesothelioma lawsuits . please visit it and if your interested we could swap links

4:15 AM  
Blogger mesothelioma said...

I think you have a really good blog. I have one about mesothelioma . please visit it and if your interested we could swap links

4:15 AM  
Blogger mesothelioma said...

Excellent blog. I have one about . I think your visitors may be interested in so please check it out.

4:15 AM  
Blogger Pet Index 2 said...

Great blog you have here. I'm just starting with the whole blogging thing and have created my first one about mesothelioma

4:19 AM  
Blogger petindex said...

Excellent blog. I have one about mesothelioma . I think your visitors may be interested in mesothelioma so please check it out.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Pet Index 2 said...

Nice post. I have a blog which can be found at http://mesothelioma-treatment1.blogspot.com about mesothelioma cancer

12:17 PM  
Blogger mesothelioma said...

Nice post. I have a blog which can be found at http://mesothelioma-lawyer-lawsuits.blogspot.com about mesothelioma lawsuit

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apprezzo che cosa qui.Adios, Kindra retro peritoneal hematoma

7:39 AM  
Anonymous cause of breast cancer said...

Hi,
I was searching through Blogger to see if I can find some information on cause of breast cancer. I stumbled on your blog, as this was not quite what I was looking for about cause of breast cancer. I did however read your blog and found it quite interesting, keep up the good work and hopefully I will visit it again.
Regards,

6:43 PM  
Anonymous lawyer said...

Hi MarceauMarceau, I was just blog surfing and found you! Wow, I really like this one.
It’s such a pleasure to read your post …. Interesting! I was over at another site

looking at lawyer

and they didn't go into as much detail as you, but nonetheless interesting.

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit i have not seen a blog like u got here anywhere

Take care
Asbestos Attorney Cancer Lawsuit Mesothelioma

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Signature

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home